MINI Cooper Warning Lights: What Do They Mean?
Have you ever wondered what the MINI Cooper warning lights symbols meant? When a warning light is illuminated on the dashboard, it can mean different things. Learn about the MINI Cooper warning lights meanings from the experts at the Bob Smith MINI service center. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Red MINI Cooper Warning Light
Red MINI Cooper warning lights indicate one of the following:
- Brake System: Something is wrong with your brake system. It’s essential to drive with caution and schedule an appointment as soon as you can.
- Parking Brake: The parking brake is engaged and needs to be released before driving.
- Approach Control Warning: This is an advanced warning that a potential collision can occur or you are too close to the vehicle in front of you.
- Person Warning: If a potential collision with a pedestrian is detected, this symbol illuminates with an auditory warning.
Orange MINI Cooper Warning Light
Orange MINI Cooper warning light symbols are indicators for the different MINI Cooper safety and driver-assist features:
- Vehicle Detection: As a part of the Active Cruise Control System, this symbol illuminates when there’s a car up ahead. If the light flashes, it’s not functioning properly.
- Active Cruise Control: The number of bars illuminated state the chosen distance from the vehicle ahead.
Yellow MINI Cooper Warning Lights
- Engine Light: The MINI Cooper yellow engine warning light shows there’s an issue with the emission system of your vehicle. If the light starts to flash, there’s an excessive engine misfiring.
- Tire Pressure Monitor: This indicates that one or more of your tires have low pressure. Fill your tires to the appropriate pressure, and the light will go off. If not, or it begins flashing, a system reset may be needed.
- Steering System: There’s a malfunctioning component in your steering system. Bring your vehicle to the Bob Smith MINI service center as soon as possible for an inspection.
- Anti-Lock Braking System: Avoid any sudden braking, as the brake force boost may not be working properly. Get your vehicle inspected immediately.
Choose Bob Smith MINI for Your Servicing Needs!
MINI Cooper models are known and praised for their reliability, but even top-quality vehicles need regular care and maintenance. Whether your vehicle needs a routine oil change or major repairs, our team of technicians has you covered. Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
More from Bob Smith MINI
We get asked by Los Angeles car shoppers all the time, “Are MINI Cooper’s reliable?” They are! MINI stands by its cars with an exceptional warranty and has a host of awards for dependability. If you want to learn more about MINI Cooper reliability, take a look with the team at Bob Smith MINI. View Inventory Contact Us…